8 Drug Smugglers Executed In Indonesia By Firing Squad

firingsquad
Under Indonesian law, the death penalty is carried out by a 12-man firing squad, although only three guns are loaded with live ammunition. Prisoners are given the choice of whether to stand or sit, and whether they want to wear a blindfold, hood or nothing.

The planned execution of nine international drug traffickers in Indonesia will move forward, despite a global outcry and a plea from the United Nations to spare their lives.

The Indonesian government gave the convicts — who are from Australia, Nigeria, the Philippines, Brazil, France, and one from Indonesia — a 72-hour warning for the executions and asked for their last wishes, a spokesman for Indonesia’s attorney general said, according to the Associated Press.

On Friday, the attorney general’s office asked the foreign embassies of the prisoners to send representatives to the maximum-security prison where the executions will take place, according to Reuters.

UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon joined a chorus of world leaders asking Indonesia to refrain from carrying out the execution.

“Under international law, if the death penalty is to be used at all, it should only be imposed for the most serious crimes, namely those involving intentional killing, and only with appropriate safeguards,” Ban’s statement said. “Drug-related offenses generally are not considered to fall under the category of most serious crimes. The Secretary-General urges President Joko Widodo to urgently consider declaring a moratorium on capital punishment in Indonesia, with a view toward abolition.”

Widodo has said he will not grant clemency to any drug dealers on death row, according to the New York Times.

Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbot has pleaded for clemency for Australian prisoners Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran, who were convicted of of trying to smuggle 18 pounds of heroin from Bali to Sydney, Australia, in 2005.

“As a Government, as a Parliament that wants nothing but good for Indonesia, we are speaking as one united voice publicly and privately in every way we can — pull back from this brink,” Abbott said last month. “Pull back from this brink. Don’t just realize what is in your own best interests, but realize what is in your own best values.”

French President Francois Hollande said there could be diplomatic and economic consequences if Indonesia executed French citizen Serge Atlaoui, who will have a last-minute court hearing Monday.

The prisoners are to be executed by firing squad, according to the government’s statement.

Indonesia previously executed six drug traffickers by firing squad in January despite calls for leniency, and remains among the strictest nations when it comes to drug laws. According to the AP, more than 130 people are on death row in the country, mostly for drug crimes, and about a third of them are foreigners.

Indonesian Attorney General Muhammad Prasetyo said after the January executions that he hoped the strict laws would have a “deterrent effect.”

“What we do is merely aimed at protecting our nation from the danger of drugs,” Prasetyo told reporters in January, saying that 40 to 50 people die each day from drugs in Indonesia and that trafficking had spread to many remote villages in the island country, according to the Times.

Vice

WATCH: Violence Endured By Teen Locked Up On Rikers Island Jail For 3 Years For Stealing A Bookbag

WARNING!!!! The video is extremely graphic and sad!

The New Yorker has obtained shocking video of violence inside Rikers Island Correctional Facility in New York City.

Kalief Browder spent three years in the facility after he was arrested on charges of stealing a backpack at age 16. Of the three years, he spent two years in solitary confinement. His case was eventually dismissed.

This is video of Kalief getting pummeled to the ground by a guard for no reason and him getting beaten up by a gang on separate instances.


Man Ran Over By Suge Knight Says He’s Not Snitching

SugeKnightcourt5

 As the Suge Knight Saga continues, one of the men that that was run over by Knight at a Compton burger joint says that he’s not going to “snitch” on the former Death Row label owner. 

Even though there is surveillance video of Suge Knight running over two men in his red pickup truck, “Bone” says he’s not talking.

Being as though there is pretty concrete evidence of the hit and run which left one man dead, I wonder how this case will play out.

By personal experience I know that once the State or Federal prosecutors pick up a case, they are pretty much going after you whether the victim approves or not. Jesus Christ (himself) would have to come down off the cross to save you once they have video evidence of a crime being committed.

This is definitely still a big positive for Suge’s defense but we will see how the court responds… 

Stay tuned to The Pen Hustler…


clesloan

Via TMZ:

The man who got run over by Suge Knight, and survived, tearfully testified in court that he would not “snitch” and help prosecutors put Suge in prison.

Cle “Bone” Sloan was called to the stand during Suge’s preliminary hearing Monday AM, and the prosecutor raised the topic of snitching.

Sloan got emotional and declared he “doesn’t want to be used to send this man to prison.” He added, “I screwed up and Terry’s dead.”

It’s amazing … the guy who was laid up for weeks with broken bones from Suge plowing over him — took the stand and tried to take the blame for Terry Carter’s death … seemingly taking some heat off Suge.

But what Bone giveth he taketh away, because by saying he wouldn’t snitch and help put Suge in prison, by definition he’s saying Suge did bad things that should land him in the big house.