Yep. You are reading correctly, no need for an eye exam.
A state trooper down in Texas has been ordered to receive counseling after unwittingly taking a picture with the rapper, Snoop Dogg –aka “Uncle Snoop D-O-double G”.
I am assuming DPS feels he needs counseling as a result of simply standing too close to a rapper? Are taxpayers paying for this?
Any crime experts out there? You’re welcome to chime in at any time.
According to AJC:
A Texas state trooper was reprimanded and ordered to undergo counseling for posing with rapper Snoop Dogg in a picture taken during the South by Southwest music festival.
The disciplinary action against Billy Spears, a trooper with the Department of Public Safety, was issued last week, according to a blog post by Ty Clevenger, Spears’ attorney.
Spears was called to the festival to work. While on duty, Snoop Dogg asked to take a picture with him, according to the Dallas Morning News. Snoop Dogg shared the photo on Instagram with the caption, “Me n my deputy dogg.”
In Other News
- Mom apologizes for her ‘obnoxious’ kids on Facebook, finds woman they offended
- Cancer survivor speaks out after she says Walmart employees made fun of her appearance
- Must-see: Tour Mike Tyson’s abandoned mansion in Ohio
- Mom’s ‘flabby’ bikini photo strikes a chord, goes viral
- Big pit bull warms hearts of sheriff’s deputies