The devastation left behind by Hurricane Maria has paralyzed the Caribbean islands, in particular the US Commonwealth island, Puerto Rico. But help has been slow to come to communities where the devastation is described as “apocalyptic.”
Various Atlanta area businesses and charity outreach organizations are collecting donations to assist with aid to Puerto Rico and its citizens.
If you would like to donate you can do so at one of these drop-off locations:
- Marietta’s New Theatre In The Square, 11 Whitlock Avenue NW, Marietta, Ga.
- Prep Atlanta, 3300 Marjan Drive, Atlanta, Ga.
- Buen Provecho Restaurant, 2468 Windy Hill Road. Marietta, Ga.
- Porch Light Latin Kitchen, 300 Village Green Cir SE, Smyrna, Ga.
Some of the items needed include:
1. Bottled water (there is no drinking water on the island)
2. Insect repellent (this is critical!!)
3. Ziploc bag with travel-sized toiletries
4. Canned goods (preferably those with a pull…
View original post 73 more words